What Personal Information We Collect and What We Do With It
When you are making a donation, referring yourself, or expressing an interest in referring an individual, we ask you for personal contact information such as your name, mailing address, phone number, and e-mail address. We may use this contact information to provide you with a receipt or financial report; to contact you to clarify or obtain information about a request you made, a donation you made, or an individual you have referred; or to send you additional information about the Angels on Assignment organization.
All medical information is considered confidential and is not discussed with outside parties unless it is required for the type of assistance requested and the individual or the child's parent(s) or guardian(s) have given consent.
If you make a donation, we may contact you from time to time (in writing only, never by telephone) to offer you an opportunity to make another gift, or to offer services from third parties that will directly benefit the Angels on Assignment organization.
Personal Billing Information We Collect and How We Use It
In addition to personal contact information, we ask for billing information, such as your billing address and credit card number, when you make a donation. We use secure servers to gather and process your billing information. Your billing information is not shared with any other organizations, and your credit card number is not retained once your transaction has been authorized and processed.
When We Disclose Your Personal Information
- if required by law, regulatory or court order, or legal process;
- if we determine that doing so would be in the public interest (i.e., if we were to suspect that you were using our website in connection with the commission of a crime);
- in connection with a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization, or liquidation of our organization;
- if you provide such information to us in connection with a promotion of a good or service offered by a third party, for purposes of such promotion, including, without limitation, sharing such information with that third party;
- to provide you with certain services on our website that are provided by such parties, as reasonably required to provide such services and;
- in the context of working with third-party contractors engaged by us in the provision of our website or related matters.
After we or third-parties acting on our behalf disclose your Personal Information to unaffiliated third parties in such instances, we can no longer control the use or further disclosure of your Personal Information. Consequently, we or third-parties acting on our behalf will not be responsible to you for such use or further disclosure.
Correcting Your Information
If you do not wish to participate in our exchange activities, or if you wish to modify the frequency of future communications from the Angels on Assignment organization, please write to us at our address below.
Angels on Assignment
P.O. Box 613
Crete, IL 60417-0613
Who is Eligible To Apply for Assistance?
Any individual within our geographical area of coverage with a seriously ill family member is eligible to submit an application for assistance. While not all inclusive, we serve the following communities:
We and third-parties acting on our behalf take precautions involving physical, electronic, and managerial controls to protect from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, and alteration of any of your Personal Information in our possession. We or third-parties acting on our behalf may employ industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer encryption when requesting certain financial Personal Information from you. No financial data, such as your credit card number, is transferred via a less-secure channel, such as encrypted e-mail, for processing. Moreover, once your transaction has been completed, your credit card number is not retained.
We or third-parties acting on our behalf do not, however, use such encryption during your day-to-day use of our website. You should note that the confidentiality of any information transmitted over the Internet cannot be guaranteed.
Links to Other Sites
Changes to this Policy
By viewing and/or using this Web site, you are agreeing to all of the terms and conditions explained below.
- This World Wide Web site with its home page in the domains "angelsassigned.org " (the "Web site") is a complimentary information service offered by the Angels on Assignment organization ("The Organization") at no charge to you as a user of the World Wide Web, with the express condition that you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth in this User Agreement. The Organization reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time, and you must consult the most recent version of this User Agreement (not an older cached version) each time you view the Web site. Do not use the Web site if you do not agree to all of the following terms and conditions.
- You agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth in the sections of this Site Notice.
- You acknowledge that the information on the Web site is provided "as is" for general information only. The Organization makes no warranties of any kind regarding this Web site, including but not limited to any warranty of accuracy, completeness, currency, reliability, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, or any warranty that these pages, or the server that makes them available, are free of viruses or other harmful elements, and such warranties are expressly disclaimed.
- You agree that you will hold harmless The Organization and its officers and members from all claims arising out of or related to your access or use of, or your inability to access or use, this Web site or the information contained in this Web site or other Web sites to which it is linked, including but not limited to claims that you have found something you have heard, viewed or downloaded from this Web site or another Web site to which it is linked to be obscene, offensive, defamatory or infringing upon your intellectual property rights. In no event will The Organization or the contributors of information to this Web site be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you in reliance on such information or for any consequential, special or similar damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
- You acknowledge that opinions and recommendations contained in this Web site are not necessarily those of The Organization or endorsed by The Organization.
- The Organization may provide links on the Web site to other Web sites which are not under the control of The Organization. These links are provided for convenience of reference only and are not intended as an endorsement by The Organization of the organization or individual operating the Web site or a warranty of any type regarding the Web site or the information on the Web site.
- This Web site (excluding linked sites) is controlled by The Organization, which is headquartered in the State of Illinois, United States of America. It can be accessed from all 50 states, as well as United States Territories and other countries around the world. As each of these places has laws that may differ from those of Illinois, by accessing this Web site both you and The Organization agree that the statutes and laws of the State of Illinois, without regard to conflicts of law principles thereof, will apply to all matters arising from or relating to use of this Web site. The Organization makes no representation that materials on the Web site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and accessing them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this Web site from other locations do so of their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.